Friday, June 17, 2011

Super 8.

Last night I finally got to see "Super 8" which is written and director by my favorite man, J.J. Abrams. He teamed up with Steven Spielberg for a sci-fi thriller set in the late '70s, and centering on a mysterious train crash in a small Ohio town. In the movie, a group of kids are filming a Super-8 movie when a pickup truck derails a speeding train. When the locals start to disappear and animals go missing, you realize that something is stalking around the city. You'll have to see it to know how it ends up, but simply put... I loved it.
 
J.J. Abrams cannot go wrong in my mind. He had his hands on television series and movies such as LOST, Star Trek, and Cloverfield. What is amazing is these are a few of my favorites. To make things even better, J.J. mentioned my hometown area in the movie! As an ode to the Great Lakes state of Michigan, he put in a few lines to honor where I am from:

"What am I supposed to do, go to Michigan with you," the boy yells.
"Mackinac Island is beautiful this time of year!" the girl responds.

My sister and I quickly snapped our heads to look at each other in disbelief. The best part is you get to hear the same lines three times throughout the movie! I love-love-love the shout out.
super-8.png



1 comment:

Morgan said...

I saw this movie the night it came out! It was better than I expected! But It was really an awesome movie! Loved the way it turned out as well as the graphics!

xoxo