Thursday, June 16, 2011

And That's That.

The hockey season is officially a wrap as the Boston Bruins skate away with the win. They have been waiting 39 long years for another drink from the Stanley Cup. The Bruins emerged with the championship over the Vancouver Canucks after their goalie, Tim Thomas made 37 saves in the second shutout of finals performance. The final score was 4-0 and their celebrations were priceless.
Bruins goalie Tim Thomas wins the Conn Smythe.
''I went even further than I thought,'' Thomas said. ''I was scared, I won't lie. I had nerves yesterday and today, and I faked it as best as I could, and I faked it all the way to the Stanley Cup.''
I was pulling for the Canucks to obtain the victory instead, but they didn't put up much of a fight as the Bruins literally skating circles around them. Nonetheless, both teams gave a series that I will never forget. Now in my mind its time to leave the ice and hockey gear behind for a few months to enjoy summer, before starting all over again in October. I love this sport!
Anyone else watch last night?

1 comment:

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

My BF is sooooooo happy the Bruins won!!! You Boston fans are crazy... hehe.