Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Belated Father's Day.

I am a little behind on the whole “Father’s Day post” because I was spending the entire day with the man himself, but I thought hey, better late than never. I love my dad more than anything… He’s the hardest working and biggest supporter in my life, not to mention that I am his favorite {always a plus.} So I wanted to make sure he had the greatest day as possible.
Since my father never takes a day off I thought I would pick a few beverages so he could relax after work every once and awhile. So when I got off work on Friday, I headed down to one of his favorite stores and purchased a “make your own 6 pack.” I picked out 6 different beers, three light and three dark, and redecorated the beer carton as the perfect Father’s Day card. I love how a personalized and DIY touch can really make a cheaper, yet fun present seem like a lot more. I am obsessed with how it turned out.
He was very excited to say the least! Later that evening we had dinner on the front yard by Lake Michigan and told our favorite “dad stories.” I hope he felt appreciated even though some of the stories made fun of him.

One of the best parts of the night for me was when Kelly {my sister} and my dad realized they do the exact same smirk. For the rest of the night my sister would yell out “smile” and they both would look at each other to do the face. Gosh, I love my family. {see photo below!}
Overall, it was the perfect day. I have to say that it was probably one of the best weekends because this little baby thought she needs to be my wake-up call Sunday morning. This is Lola… A ball of fur that has no problem making sure you don’t sleep in on weekends. It’s hard to be mad at a face that pops over the covers like that.

2 comments:

Bleufleur said...

That is so sweet. I love do it yourself gifts too, they add such a personal and thoughtful quality because you invest your time and creativity into them. Super awesome :)

Mrs Nautical Belle said...

That's my last name too! Spelled the exact same way.

xoxo.