Friday, June 24, 2011

Now Playing.

I cannot get enough of Matt Nathanson!
He is a lyrical genius plus one of the funniest guys out there. When I was 18, {woahh that was 5 years ago… I am getting old} my boyfriend at the time bought tickets to a show while he was opening for Howie Day. Once the concert started, I didn’t want Matt to leave the stage… which is a big thing to say since Howie Day was the reason I went to the concert. {high school obsession.} But afterwards, we got invited backstage to meet Matt. I was a nervous wreck walking back there and by the time I was standing in front of him all I could get out was “Hi… I’m Sarah.” My boyfriend at the time still LOVES to tell this story of my initial moments with Matt… I was awkward to say the least. But once Matt started making jokes and light of the situation, I fell in lust! Haha, he even signed a CD and told me I wasn’t allowed to listen to anything else…

I wasn’t able to fully fulfill that promise, but honestly I listen to Matt at least once a day. I get ready in the morning to his incredible voice and he is even on my “nighttime/sleep playlist.” Well it just so happens that this week his new album, Modern Love, dropped. I AM NOW HOOKED!  Especially this single, Run, with Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland. It has been on repeat all week!
To make things even better, I sang this song at a live mic night at my favorite bar last night. The guy who sang/played guitar with me looks just like him. Can’t help if I tried to envision Matt and me singing together, but Hey! A girl can dream.
Give it a listen and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I saw him at school freshman year. Were you there love??? I even took some videos...I went with crazy roommate #1

Anonymous said...

I just love Matt Nathanson!!! I've seen him once but didn't get the incredible experience YOU got of going backstage to meet him!! You lucky girl!!!!