Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It Keeps Growing...

If you know me personally or actively read my blog, you’ll know I have a movie addiction and love to collect good books. Little by little I have been adding onto my DVD collection and my bookshelves. Someday I will be able to display/organize it all in my future house so that everyone can ogle it like I do but until then I will keep “collecting.” Maybe this is a form of hoarding but honestly I only bought two new things…
First of all, the reason for my shopping last night was to just pick up a copy of the Social Network movie. I loved this film when I saw it in theatres and since my siblings haven’t watched it, I thought I’d purchase it for a little viewing party later that night. My poor sister felt a little bit overwhelmed... saying "He talks so fast... I can't keep up" and "Ohh my, I was tense though that whole part... I am now tired!" Haha I love her. If she had her way movies would only be able to fall into the horror or romantic catagory, she's stubborn like that.
Well… as I was walking out the door of the store, my eyes caught this beautiful turquoise book cover. {I am a sucker for bright, pretty books.} But this book has easily become a win, win. I couldn’t put it down last night as I read chapter after chapter laughing and learning where the dividing line between trashy and classy lies for a girl like me! It’s truly amazing and looks phenomenal on my bookshelf.  
If anyone has gorgeous books on their shelf, I'd love to know! Or let me know about your newest additions to your musical, visual, or literary collection. I would also enjoy hoarding tales so I don't feel so bad about mine :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I heard that book was good, I may have to read it. And I share your same time of hoarding. I have a list of library books i've read this summer that i need to go buy so I can put them in my house :/

Hannah said...

First of all, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the sweet comment you left and for following my blog!

I've seen "Classy" at Borders tons of times, and I always talk myself out of buying it, but I think I may just have to give in and pick it up!

Have a fabulous week!

Sarah said...

I read Classy, here: http://youguesshowmuch.blogspot.com/2011/05/classy-sometimes-review.html

I love collecting books and movies in hopes of displaying them one day!

Claudia said...

Books like that always catch my eye as well...and most of them never seem to disappoint! As far as movie collecting goes, I'd like to step my game up a bit. I've got a pretty decent start on a collection, and I've found that digging through the bargain bins a supermarkets can produce some awesome finds!