Monday, May 23, 2011

S'more Please.

As of lately, I have become known as the girl who brings cupcakes into work. I can't help that I like seeing my coworkers the boys happy. So due to the last batch being made strictly for artwork and dedicated to my beloved hockey team... I thought I would challenge myself with a recipe that requires homemade frosting and some serious skills. While sitting around the bonfire this past weekend, I got the idea to try to make a cupcake taste like a s'more. After a few minutes online, I quickly found recipes and ideas of other bloggers who had this genius idea... I don't know why I thought I was going to be the first person to think up this idea! Haha. So after going to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients, I cranked the volume up on my cooking/baking playlist {It doesn't get played nearly enough} to get going.
The basic ingredients... The inspiration.
So I wanted to create a graham cracker crust at the bottom of the cupcake, so I crushed the crackers with some chocolate shreds and pressed down to create a base. Put the cups in the oven for 5 minutes to bake, then poured the cupcake batter on top about 2/3 full before putting back into the oven.

These little cupcakes definitely gave me a fight to make. {Marshmallow fluff is very complicated/difficult to work with believe it or not!} The frosting didn't turn out how I envisioned but my taste-testers at home were in love. I find it very humorous that when making cupcakes, I don't eat any of them. I think its from the time spent making them that by the time they are done, I am thinking... "Okay time to get rid of them. Immediately." And nothing makes them disappear faster than bringing them into work as a "Make My Day Monday" surprise.
Side note: expect a baking/cooking playlist post later... because once that ran out, my brother put in a CD from early 2000's that had us busting out lyrics in the kitchen.

No comments: