Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dessert for Breakfast?

Since its officially game day of the sixth playoff game of the Red Wings vs. Sharks, I thought it would only be necessary to make cupcakes. I had just gotten off a 10 hour workday and needed a little pick-me up. So I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, grabbed a box of red velvet cupcake mix, red decorative frosting, and almost immediately ideas started flooding my brain. I wish I had a little bit more time to get extra creative with them and also not so frustrated. But after two hours, they were iced with frosting, decorated, and stored in to-go container. The guys at work {yes, I am the only girl in the engineering office} jumped on top of them at like 8am this morning. Nothing like dessert for breakfast!

Hopefully this will bring more than just a sugar high to all us Detroit fans… hopefully it will generate some luck too. We are going to need all the help we can get. It will be a tough game, but at least I did my part to show some Red Wings love today!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

New follower :) These cupcakes look really yummy! Also, I'm glad you go to Miami U since it's one of my top college choices right now. I'm a junior in HS. Check out my blog if you get the chance: http://prettylightsinthesky.blogspot.com/