Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Like to Brag...

...only about family members. Out of our family of five, the only person who allows me to obsess over their lifestyle is my little brother, Joe. {aka Joe-Joe, Josefina, Baby Boy, Joe Fish, or Frank} Every other day I finish my 10 hour workday and speed drive to the baseball field in order to attend his double-header games. My car is usually prepacked the night before with extra coats, shoes, and pants so I am able to change according to how the weather is that night. Now that's dedication. But when I'm not at the park then I am probably out driving him to/from practice as well as picking up Gatorades for him in between the two. I know how to spoil a boy rotten BUT he deserves royal treatment because he gives me something exciting to do. So this is when the bragging comes into play...
This past weekend, Joe went up to the upper peninsula of Michigan to play baseball against Escanaba and for the first time my family didn't make the away game road trip. Instead we pulled the lawn furniture out, downloaded a radio app for my iPhone, and listened to the game while tanning outside. Thank goodness we got to listen because little Joe-Joe had the greatest game ever. So while our neighbors are landscaping and working outdoors, my mom and I were lounging on lawn chairs high-fiving and whooping/hollering as Joe crushes the ball and round the bases. So here is the article that is currently highlighted and taped to my desk! {For the world company to see.}
Baseball: Petoskey goes 1-1 in the Escanaba Baseball Invitational

ESCANABA -- Junior Joe Robbins had a monster day at the plate Saturday as Petoskey went 1-1 in the Escanaba Baseball Invitational.
The Northmen dropped their opener to the host Eskymos, 12-11, then came back to beat Negaunee, 11-3, in the consolation game.
Robbins had seven hits in nine at-bats on the day. He had four doubles, two triples and drove in eight runs.
In the opener, Robbins had two doubles and two triples and finished with five RBI, while Austin Panoff added two hits and drove in two runs for the Northmen. Kelsey Heinrich also had two hits and an RBI for the Northmen, who collected 14 hits in the contest.
The Northmen trailed 10-2 after five innings, then scored five runs in the sixth and four in the seventh for an 11-10 lead. Escanaba pushed across the tying and winning runs in the bottom of the seventh.
Cole Paul took the loss in relief of Robbins. He allowed five runs (two earned) while walking one and striking out two over four innings.
Robbins started and went three innings. He allowed seven runs (two earned) while walking three and striking out two.
Robbins had three hits including two doubles and drove in three runs in game two. Tyler Romanick singled and doubled for the Northmen, while Panoff and Heinrich added two hits apiece, and David Waterson had an RBI single.
Dillon Kelley went the distance in earning the win. He struck out nine and walked three.
Robbins, Heinrich and Panoff were named to the all-tournament team.
The Northmen play host to Alpena in a Big North Conference doubleheader today, Monday, at Turcott Field. They then entertain Traverse City Central in a league twinbill on Thursday, May 26.
Petoskey leads the league at 6-0, while both Alpena and Central are 4-2. If the Northmen sweep the
Wildcats today, they clinch a share of the league championship.
I should have mentioned earlier that I am a stalker when it comes to taking pictures at his games. I have to make sure to document every moment/walkout/swing he does, so you will see me walking around the fence getting every angle. I am ridiculous. So the true question is... Anyone else out there obsessed to their siblings? Or live vicariously through them? Because this girl definitely does.

No comments: