Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Growing Up.

I have to admit I never knew what I had until...

I went to college. I have lived on the edge of Lake Michigan since I was 2 years old in a small town of northern Michigan. It took going away to school in southern Ohio for me to realize how lucky I had it. The only thing that gets me through the tedious engineering homework and exams is knowing that within months I will be back on the lakeside again. 

Here's a picture of home sweet home. Its on a dead end street, so its undisturbed and very peaceful. 



The sunsets are the best... which always inspires a photo shoot. Here's an example, I got home from golf one night and my brother and I had to get a picture with the gorgeous sky in the background.

So the main reason I wanted to start a blog was to document the many DIY projects I get myself involved in. I love to get my hands dirty and be able to step back from a project and say "I just did that." Luckily, my parents have realized that this summer is going to be the beginning of a total renovation of our current house on the lake. As my mom puts it, she "doesn't have vision, so its up to me to come up with something she will be happy with as well as something that will bump up the value of the house.

You will slowly learn that I am a very type-A person and a perfectionist. I'm a huge planner so you will see that during these projects I will be going to my magazine clippings and homemade moodboard pages for ideas. I have a collection of things and rooms that inspire me and I can't wait to make them start happening! Here's what they look like:



I can't wait to show the process and progress of the DIY projects as well as have a few fun stories of my college/social life. I mean come on, I am a twenty-something girl who loves to go out, meet new people, watch sporting events, and lounge around on my beautiful college campus. 


1 comment:

Emily said...

I love your blog, and you :) I'm excited you finally started this and you're already doing a wonnndderrfuuulll job. Like everything else you do. What a great addition to birthday week :)