Friday, April 22, 2011

Finally 23.

Happy Earth Day to everyone... and Happy Birthday to me!
Last night my best friend Emily and I went out for drinks at my 2 favorite bars. Once it hit midnight  after a celebration of hugging and high-fiving, we ran out into the dance floor. It was a perfect way to celebrate because it was simple yet fun. Tonight while everyone is going green, my friends and I will be going pink and silver. Pictures of that to come later. In celebration of the theme, I couldn't help but kick it off right last night with a pink mindprobe drink and wearing a pink "birthday girl" ribbon.

This is probably going to sound crazy... But I never really learned how to do makeup. My morning routine required foundation, bronzer, mascara, and eyeliner. Nothing more, nothing less. Well I decided to just get in the car and drive to Cincinniti yesterday as a early birthday treat to myself. I went to Sephora and told them, "I want to learn how to apply eye shadows." I honestly feel like a whole new world has opened up to me. I had the best teacher... she was pacient with me and showed me step by step how to make an everyday look as well as a smokey eye. So now with the new skills, I have acquire I am going to see if I can put them into action for tonight's birthday celebration...
New purchases!!
I did stop at CVS to get my Maybelline Great Lash on the way home....
I swear by it and refuse to buy anything different!
Another birthday present I received from my local hair salon was the OPI nail polish, "The Color to Watch" from their Swiss Collection.


So this is the year of beauty supplies and a better me... I am now 23 & wear sassy makeup!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!!!! <3 Emily and Anna

you spelled patient wrong and Cincinnati