Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gonna Party Like It's MY Birthday.

In 2 days, I will no longer be in my "golden year" of being 22 years old and to be honest I was panicked about it the past few months. I used to joke when I was younger that I would be "engaged by 22 and married by 24" so I think since this hasn't happened for me yet, I was scared. Well... thanks to my amazing friends and family I realized I should embrace this upcoming birthday and just GO BIG! 


First thing in my planning was to pick a theme. After some thought, I decided that everything should be pink and silver. Now anyone who knows me well enough will say that I am the "queen of black." This is because I am a sucker for black&white color schemes and my usual go-to outfits involve black of some sort. So lately its been fun to be a complete girly-girl and go shopping for anything that's vibrant pink.

Today my apartment table is covered with everything that will hopefully turn my apartment into a place of celebration! Here's a sneak peak at all the goodies:
The drink of the night:
Pink by Yellowglen Sparkling Wine
Like any good college party, more thought has been put into what will be offered to drink rather than to eat but I just couldn't resist having a dessert table. The idea is to have a table lined with pink and silver candies that will hopefully bring out the kid in everyone invited. I am excited to make it happen!


I love little homemade touches, so I decided to make a few signs and accents for the table. My favorite so far is a sign I made saying "have your cake and eat it too" which is going to be a backdrop to the cake and add a whimsical feeling to the table. With some scrapbook paper and a few sharpies its amazing what can come from it. I am also hoping to make smaller signs like "eat me" and "drink me" as well. I LOVE than I am creating a childhood dream party in my twenties and I hope that my friends will enjoy it as much as I will.



Pictures of the decorating process & of course the party to come later!

1 comment:

mFw said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!! Have a great birthday!!!