Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pinky Promises Do Come True.

Here's a few things I am loving on this snowy, Michigan morning:

Last night was Date Night! This included finally getting to see "The Vow" with the boy. I know I am behind the times (I originally wanted to see it on Valentine's Day but he had other plans), but I couldn't agree more with all the reviews... it was amazing. I cried from beginning to end and thank goodness, the boy was there to squeeze my hand as I watched. Go see this movie! Mike and I couldn't stop obsessing with how great Rachel and Channing played their characters... Perfection.
The text message leading up to watching this movie is one of my favorites, I made him pinky promise we would see it. Hey I am not taking any chances!
Yeah, we are losers... Other than that, I also did a little shopping on Etsy yesterday for new artwork... Purchased this card which I will be framing as soon as it arrives. How cute?
If anyone has some favorite prints or know of a great Etsy shop let me know!! I need fun pieces because in a few weeks I will be getting my own place and there will be plenty of decorating needed to be done.

This weekend we are going to finish the project I have been working procrastinating on for the past 2 months. Painting and organizing my family's back porch/laundry room. Thanks to plenty of Pinterest inspiration, I will be in charge of making sure it ends up looking like this:
...while the boyfriend, who is a professional painter (thank goodness), will make sure it is painted beautifully! Cannot wait to see him work his magic.

Swoon! There will be more on this later.... it will get its own post since it's going to entail a ton of hard work and probably really good stories. I cannot wait to do a little DIY project with the boy... bonding time!

Anyone else planning on getting their hands dirty this weekend with a little DIY project? What are your weekend plans, I'd love to know!

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm glad you liked the Vow. We went and saw it on Valentine's Day and I wasn't too impressed. Maybe it's because it ended up not being what I thought it was going to be.