Monday, February 20, 2012

Retro Style.

This weekend definitely kicked my butt. The boyfriend was out of town for 3 entire days, but luckily I have great friends to keep me distracted in the meantime. So while he was playing his little heart out at a hockey tournament, I was getting geared up to attend a Throwback 80's Ski Party at my favorite bar. So here's the outcome:
My best friend since kindergarden, Kathleen and me.
I keep laughing how I was basically deaf and blind all night long due to my dark neon sunglasses and purple earmuffs... but I feel like it definitely helped my dance moves.
Yeah, I rocked a high pony all night... complete with lime green bow.
The boys wore onesie snowsuits... Still don't know how they survived the HOT bar wearing those suits.

Overall, it was a complete success. Kathleen ended up winning first prize in the costume contest, while I clinched third prize, so in reality we got paid to attend the best party of the winter so far. As the boy was going theough the pictures from the night, he just shook his head and said, "I think I missed a good one!"Its true! Maybe he should stick around town more often instead of ditch me for hockey tournaments and boys nights :) Haha.

So has anybody been to a good themed party lately? I want to host one soon and I need a good idea like this one to start planning. Please let me know!! How were your weekends?

4 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! Those ski suits crack me up!

Portuguese Prepster said...

hahaah love these pics!

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

AHHH!!! I love it!!!
I miss theme parties SO much. Jealous!!

LibbyLovesBlogging said...

aww your so pretty! especially in the 2nd photo :) I love y0ou blog but dont comment enough :( also I nominated you are an award! have a look on my blog here http://libloveseconomics.blogspot.com/ if you want XXX