Thursday, February 2, 2012

National Signing Day!

Who would have thought that National Signing Day would ever have anything to do with me?
Well I didn't think so, but this happened yesterday. My "little" brother signed his letter to intent with Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan to play football.
Me, my mom, Joe, and my father with ALL of Joe's coaches throughout the years.
Ahh, I couldn't be more excited for him to be a college athlete and see his dreams come true. It was a pretty emotional day as Joe thanked his football, basketball, AND baseball coaches for making him into an all around athlete. Ohh the ride my family is about to partake in... plenty of road trips downstate to see this boy dominate.

Heres what Joe had to say to the newspaper:
“I was really excited about it all day and when the time started ticking down and seeing everybody who helped me get here and to share it with them just makes me overly happy,” Joe said. “To make it official is just incredible. This has been a dream of mine my entire life.”
“I’m just excited to move onto the next step,” he said. “They (GVSU) have the opportunity to win a national championship and they win games. You can tell how serious they are about winning and having success there. I’m excited to be able to join their winning tradition.”


So here's to a new chapter. Last sibling of the family to go off to college... Joe's journey should be rememberable to say the least and I cannot wait to watch/cheer him through it!

Did any of you listen/take part in signing day? Did your colleges get any good athletes? I want to know.

5 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

congrats to your brother! That's so exciting!

Selina. said...

I don't really understand what signing day is being english and all but it seems like it was a huge achievement for your brother (and your family) so congratulations :) i look forward to reading more!

Brittany said...

Awww! How awesome! I'd be so, so very proud! :)

Emily said...

how exciting! congrats to him! love you blog!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How awesome that he got signed!!!