Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Relapse on Music

Don’t you love it when all of a sudden you get out old CD’s and immediately start jamming out and singing every lyric perfectly even though you haven’t heard in years? I found my old Something Corporate and Jack’s Mannequin albums this past weekend and I haven’t stopped playing them. Its crazy, I have these albums blaring while at work, driving to hockey games, or cleaning around the house.  I have relapsed and now I have become addicted all over again. {Welcome back 17 year old Sarah.}

Confession: I am in love with Andrew McMahon. Not only is he a lyrical genius, but he is also an inspiration. He was diagnosed with leukemia a few years ago and fought the fight so he can still be around today to deliver amazing songs to his fan base. Definitely on my bucket list is to meet this man.
I found this video on YouTube and I can’t get enough… I love how he truly gets into his music to make sure that it’s perfect. This song is called Amy, I and its pure magic.
A few of my favorite lyrics from the man himself:
Now it’s time for me to listen to their newest CD, People and Things, on repeat. Anyone else have guilty pleasures or bands they can’t help but listen to years later?

Come on, go dig out some of your favorites today. I bet it will put a smile on your face.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Is it bad I don't know who this is?