Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love On Top

I am seriously one very lucky girl. I have been dating my boyfriend, Mike, since August. It was our first Valentine's Day together and I didn't know what to expect, especially since he told me "I will pick you up at 6:30, wear something nice but don't go overboard..." Umm what?
Now for weeks I have been dropping the hint that I want to see the movie, The Vow, so I half expected that he'd pick me up to see that before he had a hockey game that night. {Yeah, even his hockey team thought planning a game on this wonderful holiday was a good idea.} So when he walked into my house at 6:45 with my gorgeous flowers... See here:
All he said was, "I hate to tear you away from those flowers, but we need to get going. We are running a bit late." This is when I realized... Yes, we are seeing my movie! We are just running late for the 7 pm showing. So now I am pumped.

On the way to "the movie" I am in complete story mode and didn't realize that we were actually headed downtown instead of out of town towards the theatre. Seconds later we were parked in front of one of the nicest restaurants in town. **Cue tears...
Not only that, but we were guided to literally their best table covered in flowers with a window that looked over a cliff into Lake Michigan. {His dad told me later that night that their company painted the interior of the building and a few months ago they needed a set of chairs repainted, Mike told them he would do a rush order on them if they could fit him into a reservation for Valentine's Day.}
After a perfect dinner, we were off to the hockey rink to watch him dominate as goalie. I didn't care about the cold or the rest of the night being spent as a spectator... I had a permanent smile on my face... and I don't expect it to stop anytime soon. I even brought in cupcakes to my coworkers to spread the love a little more in the office. So now I am about to crack my morning Diet Coke {yes, I know this is a bad habit...} and just sit back and smell the roses... literally.

So I want to know how was your Valentine's Day, loves? Spend it with someone special or was it a "me-time" kind of day? Let me know below...

6 comments:

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

Awww that is SO sweet!!! What a thoughtful surprise! :) Your flowers are gorgeous, too!

No worries- I often drink Diet Coke in the morning when I want a cold drink with caffeine. That cupcake looks delicious!

Whit said...

Cute! Sounds like a great Valentine's Day. :)

Sarah said...

That's so sweet and a great Valentine's Day to remember. My boyfriend and I just ordered pizza and stayed it - it was perfect for us. Haha.

Brittany said...

Yep. This melted my heart. Beautiful flowers, surprise dinner, and a hockey game?! Sounds PERFECT to me! I'm glad you had a great one!!

...I just went to trivia at a local bar. Haha!

Portuguese Prepster said...

awwwwwwww! too cute.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw! That was so sweet! What a wonderful Valentine's Day!