Thursday, August 4, 2011

Keep Calm & Enjoy Wine.

Is it bad that I am already counting down the hours until dinner?

Okay, before you start judging little ole me you must know that I am about to be wined and dined. Ohh lala. Since our dinner reservations aren’t until 9 pm {have to wait for him to get out of work and cleaned up} and we would never wait that long without a drink in hand, he decided to sign us up for their wine tasting beforehand. This could very well go down as the best first date on record for me. Major points to this boy already!
Just think, I get to take a break from my cheap store bought wines and try a few high end bottles. I have always been in love with learning more about the complex and intense world of wine. I used to be a waitress at a four-course French restaurant when I was 18 and the wait staff would have me try the wines I was selling. They didn’t want a server who didn’t know what to recommend or not able to tell customers which wine to pair their dinner with, so I have developed a knack for wine tasting. So you are probably thinking "well what’s the problem then?"

Ladies, this will be the first time I will be on a date for wine tasting… I am nervous. Thank goodness for this blog so I can vent a little and get it all out of my system. I’m sure it will be fine, but if the date goes badly at least I will have good wine to make me happy. Right?! But there are a lot of pros to this kind of first date... First of all the actual restaurant and wine cellar setting is beautiful... Here's a few pictures of where we will be eating/drinking:
Isn't it gorgeous? Cannot wait. Plus, a shuttle takes you home afterwards...

Ohh no, I just pictured this whole scenario in my head... What if there is an awkward goodbye in front of a shuttle full of drunken riders? Goodness, this should be interesting to say the least!

So any ideas of what to wear or how to make sure this date goes well perfectly!? Any advice would greatly be appreciated, girls! Wish me luck.

11 comments:

Emily said...

We better not discuss this since I jinx your dates, but call me after and tell me all about. Hope you have a cute outfit picked ouuutttt

xx Em

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Really sweet :) And I vote for a summery dress and open toe heels

~Tammy
www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

Simply Camylla said...

How exciting!! Oh how I miss getting nervous for dates hahha. In my opinion, when your a little tipsy everything is fun!
the restaurant looks beautiful, very classy. So what goes perfectly with a classy setting?
the classic little black dress!
Make sure to tell us all about it tomorrow
Good luck!

Lots of love
simplycamylla.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

You will do great. It sounds like such a fun date. I vote for a dress that you feel hot and comfortable in and maybe a slightly undone updo for your hair. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

Jesica said...

One of my best dates EVER was a wine tasting date, so I highly recommend it! Have fun!

amy grace said...

Looks like a fun date! I would usually suggest heels, but if you have to be walking a lot (up/down stairs to the wine cellar - not sure if it is on the same level or not) and if you think you may be tipsy...that could be a bad idea! Good luck and have a great time!

Taylor said...

hi there! i am a new follower :) thanks for your sweet comment!

i was never a wine person until this summer and i looooove the sophistication behind a lovely tall glass of red Chianti wine. it is my absolute favorite. the taste brings me right to tuscany. ahhh, swoon.

Rebecca said...

just followed! love your site =]

henning love said...

cute blog! i'm your newest follower

Sarah said...

You're going to have a great time! Just relax and be yourself. Let us know how it goes!

Sienna said...

haha i frequently count down the hourst il dinner. and this was an adorable post. good luck on your date!!!