Thursday, January 17, 2013

Goodbye Lockout, Hello Hockey.

-My favorite sport is finally back!-
It has been a long and cold winter so far without the warmth and happiness that hockey brings me.
For the first time ever, I have joined a fantasy hockey league. I mean what else should I do? Its only a half a season so I gotta make the most of it. I am the only girl in the league with 19 other guys, which happen to be my boyfriend's teammates and our classmates from high school. Since I am the only girl, I thought I needed to play that up which resulted in me deciding to only draft good-looking/hot/sexy players. Ohh, and if you went to Miami University, my alma mater, you were an automatic pick. In other words, the drafting process was easy.

After plenty of homework and Internet-stalking.... Here's how my draft turned out:

John Tavares, Forward, New York Islanders
Tyler Seguin, Forward, Boston Bruins
Jordan Eberle, Forward, Edmonton Oilers
Gabriel Landeskog, Forward, Colorado Avalanche
 
Brian Boyle, Forward, New York Rangers
Shane Doan, Forward, Phoenix Coyotes
Cam Atkinson, Forward, Columbus Blue Jackets
Mike Fisher, Forward/Utility Player, Nashville Predators

Now for the best part... Defensemen:
Kris Letang, Defense, Pittsburgh Penguins**

Dan Boyle, Defense, San Jose Sharks
Alec Martinez, Defense, LA Kings
Brendan Smith, Defense, Detroit Red Wings
I dubbed my team, "The Dream-y Team" and hopefully we have a good season. I need to prove to the boys that attractiveness does in fact affect the game of hockey. Even if I lose, at least I get to see these gorgeous boys play all season.

Wish me luck. Any other fantasy-playing women out there?  

4 comments:

BelleinBows said...

Before this post I wasn't too familiar with Hockey, now..ahem.. I find myself becoming a HUGE fan! haha Good luck with your fantasy team!

Emily said...

Ugh, I can't believe you drafted Cam. Everyone else I approve of :)

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Bryan Boyle is ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

I could use some more of Gabriel and Brian. Oh my! Just went to my first playoff hockey game last Saturday and I will be back soon!