Monday, May 2, 2011

My Favorite Space, Believe It or Not.

People are going to think I am crazy but... I love doing laundry. Its probably from all the great smells and the feeling of being clean, but honestly nothing is better. Weirdly enough, my parent's house has been missing a laundry area for years. Of course, we have a washer and dryer but they are pushed into the corner of our back porch without organization or workability. So I am hoping to define the space with:
  • Shelves
  • Designated hampers for each member of the family
  • Containers for cleaning supplies
  • Folding area
  • Hanging rod

So I started gathering inspiration & photos to present to my parents as a way to make the "dungeon of a laundry area" into a space that will make the task of doing laundry more enjoyable... I guess they don't obsess over clean clothes as much as I do. {could be the fact I am a college student who digs for quarters to do a load or two}

I am calling it now... This will be the winner!
Love the pop of color.
I am hoping by brightening up the space and making it more organized, I can get my family to love doing laundry at least HALF of much as I do. The whole project... including painting and design to come soon.

No comments: